HOSPITAL RECORDS EQUALITY & INCLUSION ACTIONS
Since the 8th of June 2020 we have undertaken a number of initiatives to improve on equality and inclusion across our company, with the hope of contributing to a more inclusive Drum & Bass community.
Our first action was to ensure ongoing self-development within our staff team and directors through education and conversation. From these discussions we reached out and sought invaluable advice and critique from artists, peers, industry executives and organisations from the Black community.
Our actions included:
- The launch of a 12-month Business Support Scheme, working with a Black-owned music business.
- Securing partnerships with educational organisations for our Artist Development Scheme for Black producers, as well as the launch of this development scheme. Both of these schemes will run annually moving forwards.
- Collating a new Anti-Racist Educational Resources page to permanently exist on our website.
- Continuing work with our Women In Drum & Bass Mentorship, online community and events.
- Enlisting established diversity specialists to conduct internal diversity training and support for our whole staff team.
- We have committed 5% of our annual profits to anti-racist initiatives.
These actions are the start of our commitment to contribute to a more equal and inclusive drum & bass community that is more reflective of its origins. In turn, we trust these changes will lead to more diversity in our artist roster and event line-ups.
We understand that this is a process in which we may make mistakes, but as individuals and a team we are dedicated to integrating this change into all areas of our business, from new long-term initiatives, to everyday decisions.
Chris, Tony, Josh, Craig and the Hospital Team
For more details on each of these areas please see below.